Today, people use hashtags to express their emotions, hop on board with the latest trends, and send salutes to their favorite companies.Hashtags are a way for people to consolidate their thoughts and conversations into a single stream of like-minded ideas. When it comes to weddings, hashtags take on a whole new personality. The phrase following the designated pound sign is a place where couples can share their matrimonial bliss with friends and family from engagement to honeymoon.
So, what’s up with all these wedding hashtags?
Wedding Hashtags Help Your Wedding Photos Find a Home
Thanks to your unique hashtag, you can easily tag your photos and send them into the social sphere, ready to be seen by everyone in your friendship circle.
Sure, you’ll probably pay a wedding photographer to get off some key shots during your ceremony and reception, but your guests will have plenty of their own selfies to share on this momentous occasion, and you don’t want to miss selfie kisses just after you’ve kissed your groom, do you?
With a wedding hashtag, your guests can tag you and your spouse with all of the moments that mean the most.
Sharing Photos with Friends and Family is Easier
Thanks to the power of a hashtag, you don’t have to worry about leaving your mom and dad out of the fun. Guests can easily access the fun shots people take at your wedding by searching for your hashtag. Privacy settings still come into play as far as individual profiles are concerned, but with your own unique hashtag, anyone who wants to see the events of your wedding can simply type in the key phrase to be part of those key moments.
Getting a Little Cute with Your Creativity
The key to creating an awesome wedding hashtag is finding a phrase no one else will use. As you can imagine, that can be a pretty difficult task in this age of internet-everything and constant social media shares. But, it can be done!
Steer clear of generic hashtags like #FallingInLove or #SmithWedding because your pictures will fall in line under those of thousands of other brides and grooms. Instead, find ways to get creative with your name, the way you met, or something kitschy about your union no one but you will use.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use Humor. This is a day of serious vows and important commitments, but it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t show your silly side with some hashtag humor.
- Avoid Inside Jokes. The more “inside” your joke is, the less likely others are to use your hashtag. Keep your hashtag clear and easy to understand.
- Ask Family and Friends for Input. Tap into the creativity of the people who love you most. They might see your relationship in a way you hadn’t even considered, which can lead to a memorable hashtag.
- Embrace Alliteration. Alliteration is the sing-song effect that happens when the same letter (or sound) starts several words in a phrase. #CelebratetheSmithCeremony has a nice ring to it!
- Avoid Difficulties. Hard-to-spell words can land your wedding photos on other people’s threads, or worse, nowhere at all. Keep it simple and as short as possible,
Are you in search of a wedding venue that’s worthy of making rounds on social media? The Essex Room is a place where wedding dreams turn into real-life matrimonial bliss. Contact the Essex Room for one #IncredibleWeddingExperience!